Saturday 15 December 2012

INTROSPECTION





INTROSPECTION



Mr. G. K. Manay, father of Prakash, my son-in-law and father-in-law of our daughter Rohini; an Ex-M.P. was  a   recognized social worker. His almost regular suggestion (cum advice) – “You should write about you”. “What is there uncommon, extraordinary in my life that I should write about?” my predecided answer; and my monologue would begin.

Who should write autobiography? Those who have tremendously influenced at least one area of the human beings – may be economic, education, social, religion or politic; Those who have invented or discovered something new for the benefit of the people or which widened horizons of knowledge of  man. Their deeds, actions, thoughts or theories which would serve as pathfinders or torches for the present and the future generations. Their footprints should be indelible even in the sky or ocean, unwashable & indestroyable!

But do such people write their autobiographies? Rarely.,They do not have luxury of spare time. Then other researchers come forward. Biographers fathom out lives of such people.
“Does it require more explanation if compared with me?" I would murmur.

“Mr. Sawdekar, do not argue,You write, and write only for us”. Mr. G.K.Manay would say.
“Ok, but who and why one should publish it? If suppose one crazy benevolent published it – who would read it? You all know me,  I would continue,,,,,,.

Ultimately I agreed, scribbled a few pages, and showed them to Mr. G. K.Manay. He appreciated and encouraged me to go ahead. I promised. But alas! Next month we lost Mr. G. K. Manay, (April 14th 2003) I kept my promise, and this book is in your hand!

I shall be happy if it could entertain you, but it would give me immense  pleasure if it could provoke you to ponder over various issues, I referred to in it, and in that case that would be my return! That would be my reward!


Date: April 14th 2010                                                     R. S. Sawdekar
 Thane (Mumbai)




No comments:

Post a Comment